Restore ending: Numidium destroying the player

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Silence

Restore ending: Numidium destroying the player

Post by Silence »

Re-reading some Daggerfall lore, I was remembered that the Daggerfall Chronicles mention an ending which was later removed from the game: should the Agent try to use Numidium themselves, the great construct would destroy the player character.

Perhaps it is my slightly obsession with completeness speaking, but: wouldn't it be nice to have a mod that restores that ending?

I believe there is no actual content for the ending in the game files, so there would be some work involved in making it up. But then, Daggerfall endings aren't too heavy on graphics, so it seems feasible.
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth

Jay_H

Re: Restore ending: Numidium destroying the player

Post by Jay_H »

The minor roadblock is that Nulfaga won't send you to the final dungeon until you've given the Totem to someone. That'd have to be rewritten to make this happen.

Tkia

Post by Tkia »

But surely Nulfaga wouldn't need to send you to the final dungeon if you were destroyed for trying to use it as you wouldn't exist anymore? Sort of your penance for being so power hungry - destruction and missing the final dungeon? :twisted:

Silence

Post by Silence »

I'd say that makes sense. Who says all the endings have to go to the end of the story?
Many knights Silence unsat / from the saddle, with her lance / Had they known truth as it was / that the one who made'm fall / possessed naught of being male / but the skill and tools of trade! / Livid witnesses they'd be / of Nurture's triumph over Birth