new playthrough

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
risk

new playthrough

Post by risk »

halo again,

it's been almost a year since my last playthrough, which was the first in unity and my first since the early 2000s.
i was wondering what the consensus was with all the latest mods, in terms of another playthrough for a previous player.

1. non-fast travel type mods (where the horse goes at high speed, don't remember the name of the mod): do you find it adds anything tangible to the game or does it just make it slower to get from place to place? i enjoyed the airships mod because you could get to places very fast in game-time (even though it took more time in 'real life').

2. climates and calories: for people who have played a full game with this, did it end up being a net positive despite the frequent clothes changing and needing to adapt to temperature?

3. alternative main quest: did many people end up playing this, and should i do this for my next playthrough (keeping in mind that i will not have that much time to play).

4. of the magic modification mods, did people prefer skilled spells (which i've used and found useful) or unlevelled spells?
was it to be used with the magic regen mod?
i would prefer to do my next playthrough without spell absorption if it's not too difficult.

5. did the replacement for distant terrain end up fixing the bugs, or does it still have visual glitches?

i would appreciate any recommendations that increase immersion, without making the game more grinding in nature.
i think i have done enough daggerfall grinding at this stage haha! thank you in advance.