General stores should sell potions

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Werewolf

General stores should sell potions

Post by Werewolf »

Daggerfall has admittedly the bizarre design where being able to buy potions requires you to be a high ranking member of some guilds, unlike almost every other RPG ever made (including Arena!) Seems it’s moreso just another one of those oversights due to being rushed as again in Arena you’d be able to buy potions as long as you have the gold right from the start. I think someone should make a mod where general stores sell potions. This would fix that insane and most likely unintentional design where potions are essentially locked away from lower level characters. It’s just better game design

Cliffworms

Re: General stores should sell potions

Post by Cliffworms »

Even better than general stores : Alchemists!

Roleplay & Realism - Items takes care of that. ;)

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/61

dutchovenfarts

Re: General stores should sell potions

Post by dutchovenfarts »

RR&I sort of does. in Arena you can buy bulk potions at the mages guild while RR&I has a chance for 1 or 2 of a potions per store. It's better than nothing but still lacking for non-magic types.

what would be awesome if you could order potions, which depending on how many, would take x many days to fulfill and paying up front. sort of like repairs.