Smaller World

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
cybher

Smaller World

Post by cybher »

Is it possible to create a mod that would reduce the size of the world? I mean mainly reducing the distance between cities. Traveling in empty terrain is quite boring. It would be nice if the distances were reduced by 3-4x.

Ralzar

Re: Smaller World

Post by Ralzar »

cybher wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:51 pm Is it possible to create a mod that would reduce the size of the world? I mean mainly reducing the distance between cities. Traveling in empty terrain is quite boring. It would be nice if the distances were reduced by 3-4x.
If you do not like the traveling, why not just use fast travel?

Tkia

Post by Tkia »

Move to a smaller province. You have to go where you're sent for the main quest but for anything else you can work within the province of your choice. Some of them are small enough to cross in a day so find one with guilds you like and move rhere.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

To answer the original question: no, that is not possible. Moving to a smaller region as Tkia and Ralzar suggested is the best course of action besides using fast-travel more often. The World of Daggerfall mod gives you more to look at so that might help if you're not already using it.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

cybher

Post by cybher »

Thank you for answers. Moving to smaller province could be a solution. I don't like to fast travel. I like to immerse myself in the world but the distances are way too vast and it gets boring.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

cybher wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:02 pm Thank you for answers. Moving to smaller province could be a solution. I don't like to fast travel. I like to immerse myself in the world but the distances are way too vast and it gets boring.
I assume you are using Travel Options mod? Or are you littterally walking real time between places? Becuas yeah, this game has a realistic size. That is going to take a while.

cybher

Post by cybher »

Yep. I am using Travel Options mod. But event with that mod travel takes too long.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

cybher wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 am Yep. I am using Travel Options mod. But event with that mod travel takes too long.
You should probably look into toe Quest Offer Locations mod. It lets you set how far away quest should maximally be. Without it you will keep getting sent across entire regions for every quest. I tihnk I have it set to 3 days travel as max.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I believe the mod you are looking for is Morrowind. :-)
Battlespire attempted to do Daggerfall without travel at all or cities or fun.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.