--RECRUITING-- Aurbical: Gameplay, Graphics, and World Overhaul

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Silverama

--RECRUITING-- Aurbical: Gameplay, Graphics, and World Overhaul

Post by Silverama »

Greetings, my name is Orion, and I'm leading a small team on a large-scale, comprehensive modding project for Daggerfall Unity. We are looking for people who have experience in Writing, Sound Design, and Unity Development of all sorts.

Our goal in this project is:
A) to replace the out-dated gameplay mechanics and graphics, with more realistic and modern feels.
B) add other parts of Tamriel (and perhaps Nirn) to the game.

If you have any questions regarding extra project info, or the recruitment process, be sure to DM me on Discord: @Silverama6736.

I'm looking forward to chatting with people in the server!

Kab the Bird Ranger

Re: --RECRUITING-- Aurbical: Gameplay, Graphics, and World Overhaul

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

Do you have any existing work you can show?

Silverama

Post by Silverama »

We are in the very early stages of development. There is a W.I.P. design document and our lead designer has just started working on a new skybox. the Design Doc is only for people who are on the team (one of the other goals we have for the mod is to have the majority of mechanics unknown to the players, save for the tutorials and basics.), and the Lead hasn't given us any updates on the skybox since the day he announced that it's being worked on.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Good day sir, I'm one of those lunatics that would like to see the whole Tamriel in Daggerfall. I can't say I have a deep knowledge of the subject, but let's say I'm studying it.

Therefore I have to ask: what are your plans regarding the map expansion, given the not so trivial problem that the Iliac Bay is wrongly oriented in respect to the rest of the continent? Are you going to rotate the bay? Or the continent? And if you're going for the former, how do you plan to obtain that result?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Who is actually part of your team and do you have any screenshots showing progress of the skybox?

Silverama

Post by Silverama »

Arneb wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:22 pm what are your plans regarding the map expansion, given the not so trivial problem that the Iliac Bay is wrongly oriented in respect to the rest of the continent? Are you going to rotate the bay? Or the continent? And if you're going for the former, how do you plan to obtain that result?
Thanks for asking,

The most likely scenario, is that we are gonna rotate the bay worldmap. That's easier said than done. And we may have to edit the base worldspace.
Kamer wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:27 pm Who is actually part of your team and do you have any screenshots showing progress of the skybox?
Our team consists of;

Lead Developer GabrielArch87, who is experienced in Unity Development, but not DFU modding. https://itch.io/profile/gabrieldzsurdzsa

And Lead Lore Assistant JagneStormskull, a frequent r/teslore poster, as well as a trusted friend.
https://www.reddit.com/user/JagneStormskull

I have no screenshots showing skyboxes as of right now, Gabriel will probably be done with those by the end of the week.

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon »

SoupDragon here, would definiatly be willing to offer help, especially for anything involving 3d assets. I also have a lot of fairly in deph notes on the regions of tamriel, lore, factions, etc. that may come in helpful for map expansions to other regions.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

Ah, so you're a different team of people recruiting to make DFU reach its 'fullest potential' that contacted me some time ago on Reddit.

Maybe you should combine your forces if it hasn't died out yet.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

I have no coding or game making skills but I wish you the best of luck in this! A mod that adds the rest of Tamriel sounds jaw-dropping!