Teleporting into ... Oblivion?

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Turnus

Teleporting into ... Oblivion?

Post by Turnus »

So, I have finally figured out how to teleport to a new location. All fine and dandy, if you attempt to do it with a Graveyard, Castle or Dungeon (or anything that has a dungeon door). The moment I try to teleport to a town ... I get sent to Oblivion, or I don't know ... some place similar. All frames from the animations seem to stick around and sometimes the darkness gets filled by white spots.

I'm 100% sure that I'm the right location, as the game displays that yellow message saying where I am, but I have no idea if I'm underground, in a parallel dimension or just in a place where the textures didn't load.

Jay_H

Re: Teleporting into ... Oblivion?

Post by Jay_H »

The "teleport pc" (and transfer pc action) are only capable for dungeons, and not for all dungeons. If you attempt to teleport to a place that has no valid teleport marker, like a graveyard, a town, or a house, you'll get weird stuff.

Admittedly, your weird stuff is different from the weird stuff I got 4 years ago testing this, but it's still weird :lol:

Turnus

Post by Turnus »

:lol: How do normal people teleport nowadays? Is there a way of doing this from the Quest Script or do I need a mod installed?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No mod needed; you can teleport from any location to a standard dungeon. As long as you define it as "place _VARIABLE_ remote dungeon", the game should choose an acceptable location to teleport to.