wereboars won't get enchantment disadvantage or advantage

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
StrategyMamber

wereboars won't get enchantment disadvantage or advantage

Post by StrategyMamber »

not sure if this is intended, but when I made my character a wereboar, it no longer gets the disadvantage or advantage from soul gems. although this is a cool exploit, I do feel it makes me using the daedric lord souls with the intention of doing more damage to daedra or the daedric seducers to help me with my reputation gain a bit useless. Is anyone else have=ing this issue? and a way to change it so it will have the side effects again?

Jay_H

Re: wereboars won't get enchantment disadvantage or advantage

Post by Jay_H »

Hmm, I'm not understanding what you mean. Soul gems have no power unless they get attached to an item with the Item Maker. Keeping a soul gem around in your inventory won't do anything, wereboar or not. I'd need some hard evidence to believe otherwise.

StrategyMamber

Post by StrategyMamber »

what I mean is, when I apply it on any item I enchant, it does not show up any of the side effects as in disadvantages or advantages, nor do I get any effect besides the extra enchant points. it's literally only giving more EP available and does not do any side effects... when I make the enchant and I take it near a holy place with a daeda lord soul gem boosted enchanted item, I get 0 damage, even if I remove all items except the one from the daedra lord, nor will the item weight more.

StrategyMamber

Post by StrategyMamber »

and seeing you ask for proof, as with that I mean, just take a look at my save file, if anything is wrong with the file itself, I'll take it. but if you need proof, how do I upload my save file? just asking so I can get it done. because I kinda do want to utilize the added effect of some of the gems. even if it' has to be in a later update Daggerfall unity.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I tried it myself, making a magic item and then infecting myself to become a wereboar. My item still had its enchantment intact after my first transformation. Making a new item after transformation also caused no problem.

If you can provide them, we'll need specific steps on what you did to make it happen. Your save game might be helpful; you can zip up the whole save (find your saves here). When you have the zip, you can post it on any normal cloud sharing service like Google Drive or Dropbox, and post the link here. Also make sure that the bug happens without any mods running; we can only deal with problems on an unmodded Daggerfall Unity.

StrategyMamber

Post by StrategyMamber »

thanks, that's helpful, I have no idea what led to it though. but if the save file helps, I hope it'll fix it. all I do know is a became a wereboar, maybe the info that might help should be in the save file, but I'll say what I know of what my character has,
race: high elf
Class: custom
added disadvantage with class: critical weakness to paralysis
advantages: 3 x spell points with int
might have missed a few things.
either way. thanks for trying to help me.
the save file is in a .rar file in the extensions.
also what might help is the fact I did do some custom quests, if you want me to send the quests I changed from your quest pack mod from nexus, I will be happy to provide them. they are only small changes. but it might be useful. seeing it might have messed with the data, so i put them in the other .rar file names appropriately. if you need any more in-game information, just say so. I'll send it, given its for the game of course,
Attachments
quests changed from Jay_H.rar
(10.85 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
SAVE33.rar
(330.46 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I took a look at your quests; looks like you're getting the hang of it! I won't be using those changes for my own mod, but I think they're a foundation for what you'll be making in the future. We'll keep this topic focused on your bug report; if you want to talk more about Quest Pack 1, there's a thread for it here on the forums: http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=924