Sleep spell effectiveness increase

Moderators will move topics here from Help & Support once an issue has been confirmed and enough information provided to reproduce.
pango

Sleep spell effectiveness increase

Post by pango »

I just watched (most of) last Grimith Daggerfall Unity run, completing the main quest in one sitting of 12 something hours; And one main observation was that he got put offguard by how potent vampire's sleep spells now are, falling asleep and dying without understanding what was going on until late in the run.
I do remember this spell getting a lot more effective at some point, but I can't find when that happened exactly, and why.
Also, will it stay that way? I don't remember sleep spells to be of any concern in classic, so this has become a departure from classic, again I don't remember if that was done on purpose.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Sleep spell effectiveness increase

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Pango! I can't recall any specific changes around this. Sleep (i.e. ContinuousDamageFatigue effect) hasn't changed since it was implemented in 2018.

Fatigue is a bit odd in that it uses a fractional 1/64 counter internally and what the player sees in character info is multiplied by 64. I apply the multiplier to Magnitude component of ContinuousDamageFatigue, as that was my conclusion for correct operation when setting up effect.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 52c07e7888

I could have made a mistake (always possible) but without multiplier this effect would have almost no impact on player whatsoever. Based on my comments, I seem to have compared with classic. I always made an effort to do so when building effects. It's still possible some detail here I missed.

I'll throw this one into issues for review later.