What is this or why is it?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
daggerfallplayer

What is this or why is it?

Post by daggerfallplayer »

I am running Daggerfall Unity 0.14.2 on a bootcamped Mac under windows10.

After finding and deleting all my old saves... 20+ saves. I just started a new player. But I am getting this . Why am I getting this now? I never got this on any of my old players. What can I do about fixing it? It is the same if I move from any location to any other location. (console location command)

Thanks!
2022_08_02_12_43_39.jpg
2022_08_02_12_43_39.jpg (199.41 KiB) Viewed 1598 times

numidium3rd

Re: What is this or why is it?

Post by numidium3rd »

Looks like one of your mods is failing. Could you check your Player.log for errors and paste what you find here? It should be in this directory on Win10: C:\Users\(your username here)\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity.

daggerfallplayer

Ok, I have been trying to include a copy of my player.log. Every time I try, I get kicked off this website???? My attachment file is 12.9mb. Do I need to make it smaller? If so, is there only a part of it I could copy, instead of the whole thing?

daggerfallplayer

Instead of the whole log file, here are just the errors I could find.

DFTFU 1.9.1: TerrainHeightmapPixelError | 1
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

DFTFU 1.9.1: TerrainHeightmapPixelError | 1
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Daggerfalls Unity\Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\minimap\blood'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) [0x000f7] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[TSource].HandleError (System.Int32 hr, System.String path) [0x00006] in <eae584ce26bc40229c1b1aa476bfa589>:0

Loading Screen detected an outgoing error message via Unity API and terminated to avoid an infinite loading screen. Unless the log suggests otherwise, this is NOT an issue with Loading Screen itself nor a compatibility issue with Loading Screen.

Error enabling or diabling Daggerfall Sky object.

I think this is all the errors in the players.log I could find.

Thanks.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

This bit looks interesting:

Code: Select all

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Daggerfalls Unity\Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\minimap\blood'.
I don't know what mod that's from but maybe the white box is where this minimap is supposed to be? Looks like it's trying to find loose files in your StreamingAssets directory. I'd try looking there in your file explorer to see what's in "minimap". If there's no "blood" folder in there then try looking in the zip file of the mod it's from to see if it's in there under "StreamingAssets\Textures\minimap".

daggerfallplayer

Ok, I just found out that if I un-enable the Blessed Magic Mod. The missing part on the screen disappears. But if I then re-enable this Blessed Magic Mod, each time... The missing part comes back again! Don't know why, but it does.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

I did a little digging myself. Didn't find the |3lessed magic mod you mentioned but I saw Enchanted Compass (by the same author) has the directory mentioned in your error messages. Perhaps we're talking about the same mod? If you're not seeing a minimap in the top-right then it's an installation issue with that mod. Make sure you have the folders extracted like so:
minimap.png
minimap.png (51.09 KiB) Viewed 1523 times

daggerfallplayer

Ok, here is what I found/did. I found where you were pointing me to. But that Texture folder was empty. I found another Texture folder in the mods folder. This Texture folder had 13 items in it. One of the items in Textures is the Minimap folder. I copied everything from Mods/Texture folder to the StreamingAssets/Texture folder. Then I re-enabled the Blessed Magic Compass mod and restarted the game. It now seems to be working correctly. I have a minimap that seems to be of good use! Thank you for this!

But, I do have another question... While in StreamingAssets/Mods/Quests, I found 18 items. But when I looked in StreamingAssets/Quests, I can not seem to find the same items.

So my question is since the copy of the Texture files worked, should I also copy the items in StreamingAssets/Mods/Quests to StreamingAssets/Quests?

Thank you.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

daggerfallplayer wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:01 pm But, I do have another question... While in StreamingAssets/Mods/Quests, I found 18 items. But when I looked in StreamingAssets/Quests, I can not seem to find the same items.

So my question is since the copy of the Texture files worked, should I also copy the items in StreamingAssets/Mods/Quests to StreamingAssets/Quests?

Thank you.
Yes, copy them over to StreamingAssets/Quests folder or they won't be loaded.

You probably get the pattern by now but just to reiterate for anyone who might run into the same problem:

The .dfmod files always go into StreamingAssets/Mods, quest packs (when they are not in a .dfmod format) go into StreamingAssets/Quests, sounds go into StreamingAssets/Sounds etc. Basically, if it's not a .dfmod, there's usually another folder inside StreamingAssets that the files have to be placed in.

Usually there's a readme file or instructions on the mod page for this kind of stuff, I'm quite sure Blessed has them for this mod. Those loose texture files are there to allow modders to easily reskin the mod.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Sorry, been a busy summer. Moment I saw the issue I knew it was my minimap mod.

This has been discussed on the Nexus forum.

Macs use a different folder structure for the install. I don't know it because I hate macs with a passion if I'm honest, but I'll save you my rant why.

I've stickied the solution/proper directory setup to the top of the nexus forum here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... posts&BH=2
Quick update:
I was investigating another mod issue and found this in the Player.log - so the path might actually be the issue:
?DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Applications/DaggerfallUnity.app/Contents/StreamingAssets/Textures/Minimap/doorLabel.png".
Several other same messages appear.
Note that after "Contents" the folders "Resources/Data" should appear before "StreamingAssets".
Hopefully this helps you finding a fix.

Edit: Copying the files there actually works as workaround for now.
I'll fix the mac dir structure on next release according to this recommendation from a mac user.

I'll be dropping a new version slamming out some more remaining small bugs, and I'll try to address this issue also for mac users.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.