Invisible NPCs - 0.13.5 [modded]

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
DotFX

Invisible NPCs - 0.13.5 [modded]

Post by DotFX »

Hi!

I've been encountering this bug quite often recently. Random in-building NPCs models would just disappear after playing for some time, though I can still interact with them, if I point my cursor to their lower half or just the place where they should be standing. I'm playing with TravelOptions (no ordinary fast-travel, accelerated only). The bug fixes itself after restarting the game or traveling for long distances.

As far as google tells me, it's a common problem. My guess is it may be some sort of a memory leak, maybe. Not critical, just cumbersome.

Is there a guaranteed fix for this?

Interkarma

Re: Invisible NPCs - 0.13.5 [modded]

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there, welcome to the forums. :)

As far as I know this is related to mod "Vanilla Enhanced - Animated People". This problem should not happen in base game. There's an open issue on git that will hopefully yield a fix at some point - either in mod itself or with supporting changes in base game to prevent whatever interaction is occurring.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/2358

DotFX

Post by DotFX »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:59 am Hey there, welcome to the forums. :)

As far as I know this is related to mod "Vanilla Enhanced - Animated People". This problem should not happen in base game. There's an open issue on git that will hopefully yield a fix at some point - either in mod itself or with supporting changes in base game to prevent whatever interaction is occurring.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... ssues/2358
Thank you for the quick reply) Hopefully they will come up with something.

After reading what they say in the link, I think I had a problem of a similar nature in Godot engine (completely unrelated, i know). Basically, one of the scripts could not get executed because the whole code was proceeding faster then needed and the script in question just did not receive the data it required to run or something like that (that's how I explain it).

Uncle Sheo

Post by Uncle Sheo »

I encountered this issue too today. It's how I ended up here. Can confirm I'm running "Vanilla Enhanced - Animated people". It's a very minor annoyance as restarting DFU entirely fixes the issue, at least for a few hours.
The game is a foot. Or a leg. Or all manners of severed limbs!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hello, and welcome! :) Please take note of the rules for this forum: http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=6245
Note on mods: This support forum is for unmodded Daggerfall Unity. We're unable to support mods created by the wider community. The standard advice is to disable/remove all mods before posting to confirm if problem is with base game or not. Any mod issues should be raised with mod author on Nexus or in their forum topic in Released Mods.
Since this topic could not possibly provide help with the aforementioned mod, and the problem is clearly derived from a mod, I'll close this topic to ensure people direct their efforts to the proper mod maker :)