my dfu wont work anymore

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
traianus

my dfu wont work anymore

Post by traianus »

everythime i load a save the screen is black except the hand icon but the music still plays so i know it loaded what i do

Jay_H

Re: my dfu wont work anymore

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome :) I would first recommend reinstalling DFU, since that's solved the problem for some other people. Your saves will be safe; just extract DFU into a new folder and try it again.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

Sounds like a save corruption thing that has been going on recently. It's usually caused by an unfortunate combination of mods, notably World of Daggerfall can be often a part of it. If you can reproduce the black screen consistently from a working save, you may be able to single out the mod that causes it. I hope you made back ups.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

traianus wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:24 am everythime i load a save the screen is black except the hand icon but the music still plays so i know it loaded what i do
Please go find the player.log file using these instructions: viewtopic.php?p=27552#p27552.

If it's too big to upload here (check the Attachments tab when writing a reply) just put on Pastebin or a similar site and post a link here. It would also help if you can post a list of the mods you're using.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'd start with setting up a fresh install of the game with no mods using the recommend method.

If your save still doesn't load in a fresh mod-free setup, I'm happy to take a look at the save itself. Please zip up your save (how to locate) and attach to a reply here.

A player log is also helpful as Burt requests. You can zip the log and attach to reply here. Even very large text logs tend to zip down to a small size.

traianus

Post by traianus »

I have a new problem now i sarted a new game and after i got out of privateers hold the whole word is empty and if o faast travel the game crashes.

traianus

Post by traianus »

i havent added any mods and i have the gog version.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

traianus wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:03 am i havent added any mods and i have the gog version.
"GOG Cut" is not the default version of Daggerfall Unity - it's a custom distribution created by GOG themselves. GOG Cut is comprised of DFU with 25+ mods preinstalled.

We did not assemble GOG Cut and cannot provide much support for it here. GOG Cut is known to be rather unstable and the problems you're reporting here are very common with that distribution.

Please setup a fresh install of Daggerfall Unity using the recommended method without any mods. This is the only installation method supported here.

I'd also recommend uninstalling GOG Cut then deleting your settings.ini (how to locate) to ensure game settings are returned to defaults.

traianus

Post by traianus »

thanks for the help guys