Mods show up in 0.13.5 but not 0.14.3

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Bruiser419

Mods show up in 0.13.5 but not 0.14.3

Post by Bruiser419 »

I've been playing on 0.13.5 because it was the most recent stable release when I started.

I saw that 0.14.3 was stable, so I downloaded that to play, but I noticed that none of the mods that I used in 0.13.5 are showing up as options. They still show up as installed on Vortex though.

Is there some file or something I need to move from 0.13.5 to 0.14.3 so the mods will show up, or do I need to remove them / disable them and re-enable them?

Thanks for your help.

Jay_H

Re: Mods show up in 0.13.5 but not 0.14.3

Post by Jay_H »

Hello :) It sounds like your new DFU install is in a different folder from the old one (which is the correct way to do it). You need to transfer any mods you used in your old version to your new version, checking on-line if they have any updates for the new build. You do not need to move your saves.

I've never used Vortex (it's pretty unnecessary for DFU) but if you can point it at your new installation folder, then I assume it'll be able to download the mods again as necessary. Mods are installed in /DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods of your DFU folder. Quest packs will also need to be transferred over from their folder.

Bruiser419

Re: Mods show up in 0.13.5 but not 0.14.3

Post by Bruiser419 »

Thanks for your help. That worked.

And yah, I found in this instance just doing it manually was easier than using Nexus.