[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
captainlei1993

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10) - UPDATE Oct 2020

Post by captainlei1993 »

Hi. I just found some activable furniture like wardrobe and drawer won't show world tooltips when hand painted models are installed. I dig out world tooltips' code and turns out it uses model id to distinguish different furniture and chances are hand painted models changed id of those models. Could you update this mod to be compatible with world tooltips, thank you!

Cliffworms

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10) - UPDATE Oct 2020

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello Alexander,

The wagon model #41214 does not load when using Handpainted Models.
You can see on the video here that Azoozoo spots a "floating child" from Lively Cities. The child is supposed to be sitting on a wagon. When I checked in-game without Handpainted Models, the wagon is there, but I try with the mod active, it isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnk9wJr9hig&t=2496s

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

2.10b changelog
- Updated for DFU 0.13+ which fixes some visual errors.
- 2 new models: tent, 2d hammer
- Fixed invisible walls outside city gates (Reported by Hazelnut) (Untested)
- Darkened the bright signposts. (Suggested by KoW)
- Fixed a coffin that was incorrectly rotated 180° (Reported by teralithia)
- City lampposts cast an orange light instead of white (Suggested by KoW)
- Fixed shadows from bottle models. Previously only the cork would cast a shadow.
- Fixed falling through a stone coffin if you crouched repeatedly. (Reported by pango)
- Bridges have longer ropes to better match the original (Reported by pango)

Download: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

AlexanderSig wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:02 pm
- Fixed falling through a stone coffin if you crouched repeatedly. (Reported by pango)
Hm

King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for the update, appreciated ;)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I have been getting a couple of reports about my mod Darker Dungeons making torch rotation wrong. I tried finding and fixing the bug today and it turns out it happens with only HPM running.

So it seems something has gone wrong with torch rotation in one of the newer DFU updates.

I seem to vaguely remember this is a problem you had and fixed once before. Where torches on diagonal walls are not rotated correctly but sticks to 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees horizontal rotation.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:04 pm I have been getting a couple of reports about my mod Darker Dungeons making torch rotation wrong. I tried finding and fixing the bug today and it turns out it happens with only HPM running.

So it seems something has gone wrong with torch rotation in one of the newer DFU updates.

I seem to vaguely remember this is a problem you had and fixed once before. Where torches on diagonal walls are not rotated correctly but sticks to 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees horizontal rotation.
I was never actually able to fix this, the sprite->3d rotations are tied to TheLacus' script and I have no scripting experience.

Baler

Post by Baler »

I am getting High GPU Usage from handpainted models - main.dfmod

I first noticed it at this location and it's been my test location.
Gothway Garden Mages Guild (northern side of the town)

With no other mods installed or active, on a clean installation (even appdata) I tested this and it caused my gpu to go to 100% usage with max core overclock. Without this mod active I get about 20% gpu usage with non-overclocked core clock.

I tested this on version 0.14.4 Beta & 0.13.5 Beta
I've included the building dump in case it can shed light on this.
MAGEAA03.RMB-825-building0.zip
Building Dump Gothway Garden Mages Guild
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Alexander, just a reminder these Wardrobe cabinets in a left part of image are still in a vanilla shape.. one of last few items I believe. These are quite used ingame and big so it would be great if it could be completed, thank you and be well! :)
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-13 15-52-15.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2022-10-13 15-52-15.jpg (292.96 KiB) Viewed 2790 times

Nomadic Wolf

Post by Nomadic Wolf »

I noticed that when I have 'handpainted models-buildings.dfmod' on, the city gates don't close at night.