Request - Shop Quality Affects Item Durability

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Alderwood

Request - Shop Quality Affects Item Durability

Post by Alderwood »

I found it odd how items sold in a shop with horrendous quality were all in top condition. It would be cool if the item durability varied depending on the shop quality. Perhaps something like these values:
table.png
table.png (8.22 KiB) Viewed 950 times
I skewed these values towards "new" to account for the difficulty of finding your preferred weapon. I also excluded "Battered" because not even weapons you find off dead bodies would be in such terrible condition.
Also it would be nice if the price of sold items accounted for its quality (if it doesn't do that already), but as poor quality shops already give discounts perhaps this could be an optional setting.

jayhova

Re: Request - Shop Quality Affects Item Durability

Post by jayhova »

I like this notion.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

This could be interesting in combination with the Roleplay&Realism: Items mod which adjusts sell price based on item condition. If low quality shops sold lesser condition items but at lower prices...

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah, this is not a bad idea actually. Wonder why it never occurred to us when we did the variable condition item drops in RR:I Ralzar?

I'll look at adding this to the mod at some point.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Took a while to find the time and energy to brush off the cobwebs and do some DFU work again but I finally did it. Thanks for the great suggestion Alderwood. Please let me know if you have any others.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods