Request - Join Multiple Temples and Knightly Orders

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
doodguy

Request - Join Multiple Temples and Knightly Orders

Post by doodguy »

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I was pointed towards this forum and this section of the forum by Magicono43 on the Daggerfall Unity Discord.
Anyways I'm interested in seeing if anyone's up for the challenge of making a mod or something that let's you join more than one Temple and more than one Knightly Order. As much as I like being a member of Kynareth and Knights of the Dragon I don't want to be stuck in the province of Daggerfall. I also don't want to leave these organizations either. The reason I want more teams to join (I've already joined Fighters Guild and Mage's Guild) is that I know there's a time limit (a month) for how quick you can get promoted. So it's not a matter of "just rank up to 100 influence and leave" or something.

Alternatively, maybe a mod that makes becoming "part" of the provincial royalty a possibility or something. Like if I do quests for Daggerfall nobility, I get to be part of their "guild" and eventually become a noble or something (with rank 9 making me in ownership of multiple houses or property assuming the real estate mod is installed) because as it stands there isn't too much reason to do quests for them unless you're specifically doing the stuff related to the main quest. Expanding on Witches Covens could be a thing too I guess.

Anyways back to the subject at hand. I had heard that Temples and Knights are effectively each like "one guild" by the game, and this makes trying to make a mod trying to separate them harder without changing Daggerfall Unity's source code itself. Maybe someone could be up to the challenge of making the change to let the game treat them the same as it is in vanilla but allow modders to split them up? :D

nicksta1310

Re: Request - Join Multiple Temples and Knightly Orders

Post by nicksta1310 »

The game doesn't allow you to join more than one of each, because they're rival factions.

Magicono43

Re: Request - Join Multiple Temples and Knightly Orders

Post by Magicono43 »

nicksta1310 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:26 pm The game doesn't allow you to join more than one of each, because they're rival factions.
Well maybe that's the "lore" reason, but that's not the technical reason.