Audio system rework?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
C0rg1

Audio system rework?

Post by C0rg1 »

I recently tried an "ambient sound" replacement for the music track. I liked it but i also enjoy the music. I asked on Nexus why there wasn't an ability to have both. I was told this was due to DF's audio limitations which really have not been reworked.

Question: Has anyone attempted to update the audio system of DFU to allow this kind of, um "layering of sounds"?

My first intro into TES was Oblivion, which i no longer own & i do not have skyrim. By what I remember the music seemed to 'adapt' from one scene to another. Is this just a crafty remixing of audio tracks or was it something more? Like having multiple layers of sound being playing simultaneously. Example: Your character is outside a building. You would hear the sound of natural ambience, the souds of music from inside the building, people talking inside, that annoying npc that approaches you from the path. All of this being played together at the same time in what I would call the "mixing of multiple layers of audio tracks together". I apologize if I got my terms wrong. Has anyone tried to update the audio system?