0.14.5 regression bug - video included [RESOLVED 0.15.1]

King of Worms

0.14.5 regression bug - video included [RESOLVED 0.15.1]

Post by King of Worms »

This one is hard to explain and recreate, but I have a video and save file, so its possible to reproduce it.

You need DREAM-Handheld module tho. But the issue in NOT caused by my mod AFAIK. Because when I installed 0.14.4 to test it - this bug does not happen anymore. (Thanks to BadLuck for this idea)

So 1st is the video (Dream handheld is the only mod activated)
What happens there is I have a flail and dagger. It works as intended. Sheathe & unsheathe weapon is correct. Than I equip shield. Sheathe weapon and than unsheathe and I have a Hand sprite instead of flail in the hand, and its aspect ratio is messed up. When I unequip all, the hand sprite gets to proper ratio..

(This bug "randomly" reoocurs in various situations, but here I managed to make it possible to reproduce it rather easily)

VIDEO DOWNLOAD (8mb)
https://easyupload.io/aui4ey

SAVE DOWNLOAD:
SAVE53.rar
(245.24 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Thanks for your time.

Interkarma

Re: 0.14.5 regression bug - video included

Post by Interkarma »

Looks like an issue with weapon texture caching (optimisation in 0.14.5). I'll notify numidium. Thanks for raising.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

I figured out what's happening. There's a method called by the caching routine that sometimes has the side-effect of changing the custom HUD weapon graphics. It doesn't become a problem until you start using shields, which the logic treats as null weapons. I've reworked the caching to be simpler and more robust. This should resolve the issue: https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/2462

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great job, thank you :)