Holiday Mod?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
SangvinPingvin

Holiday Mod?

Post by SangvinPingvin »

I’m working on an audio mod that will cut most of the music from the game for ambient sounds, but keep some of it (mostly indoors). I was thinking more of the cut songs that have thematic or iconic appeal could be reorganized in a ”Holidays” mod - or could it? (I know nothing of creating actual mods)

Imagine the following: the now normally quiet city greats you with seasonal music, for it is a holiday. Near every entrance, groups with bardic sprites play flutes and lutes (vanilla enhanced animated npcs?) - spawning and despawning just for today. Shops habe an extra discount, or perhaps room and board is free at inns this fine evening? If you talk with NPCs they might even reference the special day or discuss their plans for the festival.

Thoughts? Doable?

Alderwood

Re: Holiday Mod?

Post by Alderwood »

I'd like to add a little holiday spirit to my game. To add to your wish list:
* Santa hats on every mob and NPC
* Helmets replaced with Santa hats
* Bar tenders sell milk & cookies and hot cocoa
* Loot piles become presents
* Enemies drop consumable candy canes
* Horses replaced by reindeer
* Wood elves become "Santa's Elves"
* Sleigh bells added to the music

Utankung

Post by Utankung »

I believe this would be very doable and very enjoyable! If you make it I would 100% download and play with.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

So long as the holidays used are those of the Iliac Bay and not some irl imposed nonsense, this would be a great idea for a mod and I would so download it. There doesn't seem to be much evidence for festivals taking place in game beyond a notification as you enter town on the days concerned ... a more visible (and interactive) effect would be great.

Utankung

Post by Utankung »

harbinger451 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:09 pm So long as the holidays used are those of the Iliac Bay and not some irl imposed nonsense, this would be a great idea for a mod and I would so download it. There doesn't seem to be much evidence for festivals taking place in game beyond a notification as you enter town on the days concerned ... a more visible (and interactive) effect would be great.
100% this