Dark Screen when starting Daggerfall Unity

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
ProEnterprise

Dark Screen when starting Daggerfall Unity

Post by ProEnterprise »

Hello guys. I've got a problem playing Daggerfall Unity on my laptop. Whenever I start the Daggerfall Unity - I immediately receive a black screen as seen on the attached screenshot and nothing is happening.

I've been able to run it literally 2-3 days ago and it all worked for me. However, recently I've tried to put a lot of mods and it just started giving me this blackscreen whenever I run the DaggerFall Unity file. The game itself starts and works fine, but inability to change the original screen resolution makes it unplayable for my little laptop screen.

I've tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling the Unity. Installing them into the different directories. Deleted all the mods. Followed the recommended DaggerfallGameFiles method. I even grabbed a copy of Daggerfall Unity with the game that is running no problem on my other device and tried to start it on this one - same black screen.

I would really appreciate any help, I doubt it has something to do with the hardware, as it worked for me just couple days ago and I had no problems with it.

Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (95.77 KiB) Viewed 597 times

pango

Re: Dark Screen when starting Daggerfall Unity

Post by pango »

Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

ProEnterprise

Post by ProEnterprise »

Thank you for the link, I will try this right now. Really appreciate it!

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

You also mentioned installing a lot of mods - this is a known issue when attempting to run the no-longer-supported Torch Taker mod. Make sure Torch Taker is disabled or uninstalled if you installed it!