Couple of questions about quest debug and tweak Values

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Aleksandrovyx

Couple of questions about quest debug and tweak Values

Post by Aleksandrovyx »

So i just started playing this amazing game for the first time and, since i really wanted to do a proper first gameplay, i searched a lot of info before starting. I also downloaded various mods to enhance the experience.

In this regard, i have two basic questions:

1- "The ransom" quest -offered by an innkeeper- is bugged for me. Basically, i didn't receive the emerald (yes, it was a bug, i didn't sell it and i'm almost sure that you can't sell it) so i can't talk to the thief in the location. As the commands doesn't allow to add a single emerald, i have to use the command to give all the quest items to be able to continue. Problem: i receive like 10 more items of other quest that i don't want and that i cannot discard. So i decided to force the quest to an end by the endquest command but... the ID given in the UESP wiki for the quest is not working and i cannot activate the debug quest mode to check it for myself. Any solutions of what command should i use to finnish the quest?

2- My other concern is that i decided to NOT activate the repair in magical items, but i want the Artifacts to be unbreakable, as they are so hard to obtain and i don't like the idea of losing them after a couple of uses. After one hour or so i found that in the Save files you can tweak the values of your items. I supose that in order to augment the resistance of the artifacs i'll have to change the "hits" value (i'll index an image), but there are three of them. Which one should i change in order to make my artifacts unbreakable?

PS: i'm also confused about the durability of magical items. In the wiki, it is specified that the basic durability for enchanted items deppends on the quality of them (iron, steel, elven...) and they get broken in a fix value depending of the spells that they have attached everytime that they are used. But i also read -and in a post made by the author of unity- that the way it works deppends upon the player's level on the specific magic school that the item uses. So, for example, Spell Breaker will last for longer if i have a high thaumaturgy lv. Can anyone clarify me which is the proper method?

Thanks!
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (23.32 KiB) Viewed 455 times

pango

Re: Couple of questions about quest debug and tweak Values

Post by pango »

Looking at code,
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... em.cs#L763

Code: Select all

data.hits1 = currentCondition;
            data.hits2 = maxCondition;
            data.hits3 = (unknown2 & 0xff) | (typeDependentData << 8);
So hits2 should be the initial condition, hits1 the current condition, and hits3 is actually something not fully reverse-engineered
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart