[MOD] Main Quest Enhanced

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
nicksta1310

Re: [MOD] Main Quest Enhanced

Post by nicksta1310 »

Hello. I encountered some technical issues.
Spoiler!
I completed the following quests before the issues occurred...
Concern for Nulfaga (I also discovered the Great Unicorn Horn along the way and Nulfaga mentioned it)
Mynisera's Letters
Elysana's Robe (I saved Castellian! Yay!)
Blackmail (sorry, Castellian :mrgreen: )

Then it started going wrong...

I received the death threat and ambushes from W. before I received Elysana's letter. I was in the middle of the Morgiah's Wedding quest at the time. After I exchanged letters with the King of Worms, he also offered me a quest to obtain the Great Unicorn Horn, so I accepted and gave it to him immediately.

I received letters from Elysana and Barenziah simultaneously when I returned to Wayrest. I handed the letter to Morgiah to complete her quest. I spoke to Barenziah afterwards and clicked "Yes" to accept the Barenziah's Book quest, but nothing happened. There appears to be an entry in the quest exceptions file of my save about that.

I went to Elysana and said "No" out of frustration.
My save is attached.
nicksta1310_main-quest-enhanced_SAVE2.zip
(353.35 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

Hi,
Thanks for reporting the issues.
Spoiler!
As far as Elysanna's revenge. The thugs and threatening letter are meant to occur before you get Elysana's letter. That letter is added silently to your inventory (don't know why). That is how it is vanilla Daggerfall.
As for Queen Barenziah not giving you the quest properly, I need to look further into that. As far as I can tell the quest failed to place the book in Orsinium and that caused the quest to end suddenly. I have tried to replicate the fault but with no success, yet. I tried with your save by putting 'startquest DW100011' into the console command and when I returned to Wayrest Barenziah gave me the quest as normal. As the main quest uses global variables so doing this will work fine if you want to try again. You can also write 'startquest DW100009' to restart Elysanna's quest if you like too.
I will continue to try and replicate in the meantime.

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

Thank you for the reply.

Fortunately, I still had an earlier save from just before I returned to Wayrest (attached below). I reloaded it twice and the same issue with Barenziah occurred both times.

This may help you to find the cause of the problem.
nicksta1310_main-quest-enhanced_SAVE0.zip
(253.04 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

Hi,
Someone on nexus has found the cause of this issue for me! :lol:
It's the mod Smaller Main Quest Dungeons that appears to make quest location 2 not function. I currently don't use that mod so I couldn't replicate it.
I've tested it on vanilla Daggerfall main quest and it happens there too. Any time quest marker 2 is needed it will fail. If you remove that mod for a bit the quest will work.

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

Thank you for letting me know.

The person who found the cause has also posted to the Nexus page for Smaller Main Quest Dungeons. I hope the problem is fixed soon. That mod is good for my sanity. :mrgreen: