Logical Loot Piles

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Arneb

Logical Loot Piles

Post by Arneb »

Random treasure lootpile billboards are changed based on the items contained in it. This mod DOES NOT CHANGE drops, it just selects an image for the lootpile to reflect what the game (vanilla or modded) has generated. Therefore this is perfectly compatible with any other mod that changes item drops.

There's plenty of options to tailor how strict the resemblance between the billboard and the items must be. Just remember that, the stricter the conditions, the harder will be for certain billboards to be selected. Then again, the opposite is also true, since if conditions are too loose, the same billboards will be selected again and again. This first release is kind of experimental in both the billboards provided (some are maybe out of place) and the options given to the user. Feel free to experiment with those, and if in your dungeon crawling some billboard looks really weird, please feel free to report, maybe with an image of it and of your settings. Future updates will be refined and enriched with more images and options.

Enjoy.

Small issue: I haven't found a way to make the game save the modified billboards (well, TBH I didn't tried too hard...), therefore the mod generates them again when a game is loaded inside a dungeon. Because of this, two kind of discrepancies can arise: first, "Last Resort Billboards" will be randomised again; second, if from a lootpile some items were taken (but not everything), the billboard will be changed based on the items left. Hope you can live with this.
Last edited by Arneb on Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arneb

Re: [WIP] Logical Loot Piles

Post by Arneb »

Almost there.

Jay_H

Re: Logical Loot Piles

Post by Jay_H »

I have moved the topic into Released Mods at the creator's request.