Ive got an "exception" in my load order apaprently but i dont know what it is or how to fix it

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
froge

Ive got an "exception" in my load order apaprently but i dont know what it is or how to fix it

Post by froge »

so im using the exception monitor mod and it tells me that ive got an exception but i cant make out what it is.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-08 163456.png
Screenshot 2023-01-08 163456.png (63.98 KiB) Viewed 553 times

pango

Re: Ive got an "exception" in my load order apaprently but i dont know what it is or how to fix it

Post by pango »

Looks like a mod that was broken by a PR made last February.
What does the mentioned report file contain?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Ive got an "exception" in my load order apaprently but i dont know what it is or how to fix it

Post by Interkarma »

This area of the forums if for Daggerfall Unity core, without any mods installed. If you have problems with mods installed, please raise support issues with the mod author. Cheers.

froge

Post by froge »

pango wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:15 pm Looks like a mod that was broken by a PR made last February.
What does the mentioned report file contain?
Exception Report [66259287] Daggerfall Unity beta 0.14.5 Windows

An unhandled exception was thrown.

[Description]
MissingMethodException: DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallMobileUnit/<AnimateEnemy>d__56 DaggerfallWorkshop.DaggerfallMobileUnit.get_Summary()

[Stack Trace]

copy pasted the entire thing

froge

Post by froge »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:05 pm This area of the forums if for Daggerfall Unity core, without any mods installed. If you have problems with mods installed, please raise support issues with the mod author. Cheers.
ah my bad, but the issue is i dont know which mod is causing the exception, hence me not going to the page of a specific mod. if you know any discord servers that discuss modded daggerfall unity id appreciate you linking me to it.

pango

Post by pango »

MMmh without stacktrace it's hard to be sure what mod the exception came from, but do you have 3D Enemies mod installed?

And Discord: https://discord.gg/GuhyGaNP9x
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart