More Bulletin Boards with More Rumours

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
nicksta1310

More Bulletin Boards with More Rumours

Post by nicksta1310 »

I saw an old thread that demonstrated some work on the bulletin boards at the city gates to display some factional rumours, but I don't know if there's mod support for that feature at the moment.

The current bulletin boards are limited to informing the player of one situation at a time that concerns the regional government. It's difficult to learn where the player's affiliated guild/temple/order currently stands, even if the player asks every NPC for news and takes copious notes.

I would like to see more bulletin boards with more information derived from the vanilla game's factional simulation. For example, a bulletin board in a Mages Guild with information about their current allies and enemies. Imagine if every guildhall, temple and knightly order had one of these boards for their own situations. Imagine if high quality shops had information about the Merchants' current allies and enemies. Imagine if taverns had similar information about the Bards and the Prostitutes. Imagine if palaces... okay, you get the idea.

harbinger451

Re: More Bulletin Boards with More Rumours

Post by harbinger451 »

I think something like this would be great. I'd also like the notice/bulletin boards at city gates (and other places if added) be hubs for random quests like bounties available (hunt down local murderers/bandits etc), missing persons (find a lost child or loved one), lost property (find a stolen item) etc. The boards at city gates seem like a wasted opportunity at the moment.