Battle Music Expansion

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
DungeonSTN

Battle Music Expansion

Post by DungeonSTN »

Battle Music Expansion at Daggerfall Unity Nexus

Here's a non-meme-y, tone-appropriate, MIDI battle music expansion for you!

Description reads:

Code: Select all

With this expansion pack for Spamtrooper's Dynamic Music mod, you'll add 15 hand-picked, theme-appropriate
retro battle themes to your game. Daggerfall's SoundFonts are almost identical to those used in this mod,
as all the pieces from the source soundtrack were published just 265 days apart from Daggerfall.
Sonically they blend seamlessly, and due to the matching fantasy setting, their instrumentation and vibe
match perfectly.

If you want to spice up the same-y-ness of your Daggerfall with a modern RPG touch while preserving that sweet
DOS ear-candy, give this a try.

Requirements:
SpamTrooper's Dynamic Music
This mod is built on the framework, allowing for the following:
Combat music to start only when enemies have an unobstructed view of the player and vice versa.
Combat music to last slightly longer after all enemies in sight are neutralized.
Normal music to fade in after combat music fades out.

(The OFFICIAL Warcraft 2 MIDI files were composed and arranged by Glenn Stafford for Warcraft II. No official
soundtrack was released, however, Glenn Stafford personally distributed a zip file containing the official
midi arrangements and a readme file.)

numidium3rd

Re: Battle Music Expansion

Post by numidium3rd »

Glad to see people making music packs for my mod! I like that you picked tracks that mesh well with the soundtrack too.

DungeonSTN

Post by DungeonSTN »

numidium3rd wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:42 am Glad to see people making music packs for my mod! I like that you picked tracks that mesh well with the soundtrack too.
Thanks for making it!

Doctor Ripper

Post by Doctor Ripper »

Oh damn. That’s pretty cools.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

As someone who's been a fan of Warcraft II and its soundtrack almost since its release, it feels a bit odd to me to hear the music in Daggerfall.

Out of several unused MIDIs from Daggerfall, there's at least one that fits the combat music role quite well:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqUCz7E1s90&t=8800s[/youtube]