help patching game

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Hussar16

help patching game

Post by Hussar16 »

i have GOG unity cut and i downlaoded the patch extracted it in the unity folder but when clicking the exec ,it just turns on the new version instead of patching the old one it seems.

pango

Re: help patching game

Post by pango »

"patch"? Personally I have no idea what you're talking about, could you give some details?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: help patching game

Post by Interkarma »

GOG Cut was packaged together by GOG themselves, nobody here is involved. The only way for this to be patched cleanly and correctly is for GOG to update package on their end.

If you'd like to use the latest version of DFU however, installation is very straightforward. I recommend using the DaggerfallGameFiles method and deleting your settings.ini. This will prompt you to set the DaggerfallGameFiles path and reset the awful settings GOG force out with their package.

This will give you a nice clean install without any mods. You can then add back any mods you want - just be sure any mods are up-to-date and compatible with recent versions of DFU. Some older mods are no longer maintained and will cause problems in the game.