Is it possible to "own" a palace?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
bearhead

Is it possible to "own" a palace?

Post by bearhead »

I was wondering if there was any way to own or use a palace as your home? I'm guessing there is no "official" way, but is it possible to just kill all the inhabitants and use it as your own home (morrowind style)?

I'd test it myself but I've just started a new character on a fresh install and I'm too weak to clear one out - lol.

Also, are palaces only generated in the largest cities? or do they occasionally appear in smaller cities in towns? From my experience I'd guess the former... but being that some large cities don't have palaces, I thought the opposite might be true where some smaller settlements do have them.

MrFlibble

Re: Is it possible to "own" a palace?

Post by MrFlibble »

bearhead wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:43 am but is it possible to just kill all the inhabitants
You should know that it is simply not possible to attack or harm static NPCs inside buildings, unless it is scripted by a quest for one to turn into a moving enemy that can be targeted.

This ain't no Morrowind, and even if you could "clear" a palace that way you'd still be swarmed by HALT HALT HALT guards as soon as you'd try to rest there.

bearhead

Post by bearhead »

oh, I guess I always assumed NPCs inside buildings could be killed the same way ones outside could... I suppose I never actually tested it haha.

And I thought maybe the guards wouldn't spawn if I killed the inhabitant's while invisible or something? sort of how you can break in to buildings if no one sees you do it.

It would be cool if there was a mod that would let you oust a minor noble from their palace so you could take it as your own...

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I have moved this topic to Modding General :)