Princess Moriah doesn't talk to me

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
MikePhoenix

Princess Moriah doesn't talk to me

Post by MikePhoenix »

Just started Daggerfall Unity and I am stuck on the Wayrest/Princess Moriah quest. Basically when I meet her, she doesn't respond at all. In fact the game doesn't even give any indication of who she is. I con't interact with her at all. I have her letter. Any help would be appreciated.

Sappho20

Re: Princess Moriah doesn't talk to me

Post by Sappho20 »

Hi,
I think to start Morgiah's quest you must be level 3 or higher, have a reputation with Morgiah of 0 and above and she must not be involved in another quest you are currently doing. If you are not level 3 then she should tell you that you are too weak. So it might be simply because she does not like you enough to talk and you would need to do some quests for Wayrest nobles, or the Order of the Rose, or commoner quests in Wayrest to boost it.

As far as knowing who people are, you might want to try the MOD 'World Tool Tips':
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/158
I think it is a bit buggy right now as it has not been updated in a while, but it still works and will tell you who you are looking at.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

If you can attach a zip of your save (how to locate), I'm happy to inspect and see why quest isn't starting. :)

MikePhoenix

Post by MikePhoenix »

Sure would appreciate you taking a look. I'm finding this to be one of the most "ahem" challenging games I have ever played.
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(335.14 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It works fine for me. I loaded your save with no mods on 0.14.5.

MikePhoenix

Post by MikePhoenix »

Wow, I was always suspicious that mods would cause trouble. I guess I just have to disable the most likely suspects until I find which one is causing the problem.

MikePhoenix

Post by MikePhoenix »

Thanks.

MikePhoenix

Post by MikePhoenix »

It appears that the problem mod is "Faithful 3D People". Once I disabled that, I was able to talk to her and get the quest. Thanks Jay_H.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No problem :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank Jay :)