Shop without a vendor

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
All4

Shop without a vendor

Post by All4 »

Doctor Theodastyr's Gemcutter in Merhope Hall shows up on the map as a shop and has the text when I enter it, but there is no vendor inside. There is a person but they are just like a normal person that would be in a residence. I attached a save file right outside. Let me know if this is not the right board.
Attachments
SAVE2.7z
(224.34 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Jay_H

Re: Shop without a vendor

Post by Jay_H »

I confirmed the shop indeed has no salesperson. This stems from the original Daggerfall data, which has built this shop in this way. It's not so much a "bug" as a replication of Daggerfall's original flawed presentation.

This is something a good mod could fix!

nicksta1310

Re: Shop without a vendor

Post by nicksta1310 »

There's a mod called Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes that aims to fix errors in the original game data. You can find the discussion thread in the Released Mods forum.

If the building in question has a tile floor, a female resident and a musical instrument against the wall, then it's the same issue that I reported to the mod author in November. It occurs in multiple towns.