Crossbows

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
DrBoogPeen

Crossbows

Post by DrBoogPeen »

I'd be willing to pay $20 on cash app for a crossbow mod. Added to loot tables, all materials, the whole nine yards.

11th_defender

Re: Crossbows

Post by 11th_defender »

DrBoogPeen wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:59 pm I'd be willing to pay $20 on cash app for a crossbow mod. Added to loot tables, all materials, the whole nine yards.
I'm planning on making one, but I'm extremely new to dfu modding(like I started today), so don't get your hopes up about me definitely doing it. I chanced upon this message after I was thinking about how to make new weapons and stuff. You don't have to pay me if I do it though.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I can shoe horn this into my ambidexterity module.

The issue is you need to add a whole new weapon and weapon sprite. I do not know if you can add custom weapon sprites to new weapons being added or not. I know a mod added some weapons, but they reused the original sprites and changed their stats.

The current weapon and animation system is extremely old and rudimentary. It requires preloading all the frames and animations into arrays, assigning them to the proper weapon type, then setting up the proper triggers to play and reset the sprites based on the state of the weapon and some form of a time/frame tick counter to ensure proper animation time based on player stats and when to trigger the new weapon state change animation. I do not think there is currently a way in the modding system, outside completely rebuilding the animation system and its scripts from scratch like I did, that I know if. It requires rebuilding the WeaponsManager and FPSWeapon script files.

If someone gives me a good sprite of a crossbow, a shooting animation with a few frames, and the 5 reloading frames, I could cobble it together after first release. I already rebuilt the fps rendering system for the mod, so I can add in a custom crossbow sprites and its animations through it.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

RealAKP and I are currently collab-ing on a crossbow mod, though I don't think it would be compatible with |3lessed's mod. I suppose we could both use Real's sprites in our own mods to give people options - with Real's approval of course.

DrBoogPeen

Post by DrBoogPeen »

Saw this bad boy get posted on nexus. Absolutely love it. Who do I pay?