RIP - A Death Alternative Mod

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Sluggy

RIP - A Death Alternative Mod

Post by Sluggy »

Daggerfall is an amazingly immersive experience. But you know what would make it even more immersive? If you had true consequences for dying. This mod provides that service. Now when you die instead of seeing the gameover screen you are whisked back to a safe spot, usually the last tavern you visited. But beware! For now you are naked and afraid!

It includes many features that all can be adjusted within the mod options menu to suit your personal tastes. Will you have a forgiving beginner's run? Or perhaps a brutal RIP experience?

Once I was introduced to Daggerfall I was hooked and as I started to mod the game to turn it ever more into the Adventure Lifestyle Simulator I was looking for I decided to get my hands dirty and implement this feature myself. Unfortunately, I became distracted with other work and had to set it down. I'd almost forgotten about it until recently while upgrading storage drives.

I never did quite work out all of the kinks (though it is VERY close to being complete and only a couple of bugs still remain) so I didn't feel it was worthy to place on Nexus. However I also didn't want to risk loosing the work so I've uploaded both the compiled mod for Windows as well as all of the source code to Github. Perhaps someday I'll return to finish what I started. Or perhaps another hand will touch the beacon.

You can find both the mod compiled for Windows as well as the source code here.
https://github.com/Slugronaut/RIP

Hulgore

Re: RIP - A Death Alternative Mod

Post by Hulgore »

I really hope you can come back to this mod and make it compatible with wilderness terrain modifiers

The features that are offered with RIP are what can improve the challenge of the game and make it less repetitive regarding death

Edit : I'd also like to add that the mod currently makes it impossible to load a save sometimes. Upon loading a save the screen becomes black and nothing happens, the only way around is to shut the game and then disable your mod unfortunately