Disable AutomapNumberOfDungeons limit?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Sordid

Disable AutomapNumberOfDungeons limit?

Post by Sordid »

So the number of dungeon maps that the game saves seems to be controlled by AutomapNumberOfDungeons in settings.ini; by default this is set to only 5, so old dungeon maps get wiped and you have to explore them again if you ever return there. That just won't do, I want game to keep the maps of literally all the dungeons I ever visit and explore. I don't care if the save files get enormous, I've got plenty of disk space. But the setting seems to be limited to 100, anything higher just gets overwritten when the game runs. (The setting is also present twice, once in the GUI section and once in the Map section, and only the GUI setting gets overwritten, so you can end up with two different numbers. I'm not sure what's up with that.)

Is there a way to disable this limit and have the game keep all automaps? Thanks!