[0.14.5] Morgiah's letter still in my inventory after completing Morgiah's Wedding quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Franchiver

[0.14.5] Morgiah's letter still in my inventory after completing Morgiah's Wedding quest

Post by Franchiver »

Greetings,

The title says it all - or does it? To be honest, I can't remember if the letter has always been there since its reception, or if it was removed then given back for some strange reason. Also, I have yet to test that behaviour with a mod-less save.

The fact is, I completed the Morgiah's Wedding quest some time ago, though I keep carrying her invitation message with me all around the Iliac Bay.

Any hint would be appreciated!

Jay_H

Re: [0.14.5] Morgiah's letter still in my inventory after completing Morgiah's Wedding quest

Post by Jay_H »

Hello! The letter will stay in your inventory until the quest ends. Give it some time for some other things to happen, and it should disappear.

Franchiver

Re: [0.14.5] Morgiah's letter still in my inventory after completing Morgiah's Wedding quest

Post by Franchiver »

Thank you. You mean the Main Quest, don't you?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There's a timer of 7 to 14 in-game days after she receives the King of Worms' reply, and when that period ends, she may send you a wedding invitation based on your reputation with her. 24 hours after that, her letter should disappear from your inventory.

There's a parameter in your settings.ini that can allow you to drop quest items. If you just want to get rid of the letter, you can enable that setting temporarily. Look for the setting CanDropQuestItems = False under [GUI] and change the False to True.

Franchiver

Post by Franchiver »

Strange, since several in-game months have passed since I was invited to her wedding... Anyway, thank you for the property-tweaking tip!