[0.14.5] Weapon/armour artifacts should not palswap depending on material [RESOLVED 0.15.2]

Interkarma

Re: [0.14.5] Weapon/armour artifacts should not palswap depending on material

Post by Interkarma »

MrFlibble wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:53 pm The ones in DaggerfallGameFiles are (if the files are unmodified from Bethesda) from 18 Jan 2010, which is obviously not authentic.
I reinstalled Daggerfall from Steam the other day and my datestamps are 11 April 2023. Are those files not authentic? The initial datestamp is meaningless, it's simply the date files were first installed to filesystem.

For example, look at these screenshots from my first article about installing Daggerfall from Steam in April 2022. The dates are from the day I installed while writing article and taking screenshots.

This doesn't only apply to Steam. If you look at the screenshots in my Using CD Distribution / Bethesda Download steps, the dates are in July 2019, which is when I installed in DOSBox using Bethesda's freeware download. The same thing would happen installing from an original CD.

All these dates communicate is when the game was first installed, or copied in some other way that doesn't preserve dates. You can't determine if a file is unmodified just by looking at dates.

This topic is getting well off track from the original bug report, which is now resolved. I'll move it into the appropriate place. Thanks for the report. :)