mod request: don't spawn city guard in some places

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
esran

mod request: don't spawn city guard in some places

Post by esran »

It seems odd for the city guard to spawn inside the dark brotherhood or inside the thieves guild. These places should really be sanctuary from law enforcement. I'd like a mod which suppressed city guard spawning due to low reputation or banishment when inside the dark brotherhood or thieves guild building.

MrFlibble

Re: mod request: don't spawn city guard in some places

Post by MrFlibble »

esran wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:53 pm city guard spawning due to low reputation or banishment when inside the dark brotherhood or thieves guild building.
Sounds like a perfectly logical thing to happen. Your char's legal rep is so bad they tracked you down to your cronies' hideout and now you've exposed them to the law enforcement. You can then roleplay that not only you but the rest of the guys got arrested as well (or, you were not alone in cutting them down, in the alternate outcome).

esran

Post by esran »

MrFlibble wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:03 pm
esran wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:53 pm city guard spawning due to low reputation or banishment when inside the dark brotherhood or thieves guild building.
Sounds like a perfectly logical thing to happen. Your char's legal rep is so bad they tracked you down to your cronies' hideout and now you've exposed them to the law enforcement. You can then roleplay that not only you but the rest of the guys got arrested as well (or, you were not alone in cutting them down, in the alternate outcome).
Yet even after the city guard bust in the guild keeps operating like normal. And sometimes pacified city guard just kind of hang out. I would imagine at least some of the thieves in the guild are wanted, but the city guard don't just randomly bust in for them.

As well, the primary time the guard bust in is after a training session with the thieves guild trainer. But the guards politely wait until the training is over?

Yes, its possible to justify, but it still seems incredibly illogical to me. A mod that changed this would make playing as a wanted criminal (instead of just moving to a different region) more interesting to me.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

esran wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:39 pm And sometimes pacified city guard just kind of hang out.
A bribed guard?
esran wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:39 pm I would imagine at least some of the thieves in the guild are wanted, but the city guard don't just randomly bust in for them.
I would imagine my char is not the only person in Tamriel riding a horse, but apart from some rare mods, no other horse riders are ever seen.
esran wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:39 pm A mod that changed this would make playing as a wanted criminal (instead of just moving to a different region) more interesting to me.
I think the main problem is that the game is operating under very strict limitations, which often tend to break the illusion.

You said a guard will spawn while you're training in the thieves guild? There's a temple quest where you need to deliver an item, and a rival temple sends a thief to intercept you. Get this quest and then train a skill in the temple, and the thief might show up right there and attack you in plain sight, with the others standing by and doing nothing (of course). Oh the audacity.

Anyway, a mod that would create the experience of playing a wanted criminal would require a lot more than just stopping guards from spawning in a thieves guildhall. Anyway, isn't there a mod already that tries to do something along those lines? (I never tried it out so I don't know)