Mobile Port Possible?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
jackmortain

Mobile Port Possible?

Post by jackmortain »

I did a little search, and a mobile port has only really barely been mentioned here a few years ago it seems. As I understand it, Unity can compile to Android, iOS, and even things like Google Cardboard, Vive, Occulus etc. Daggerfall on my phone would be a dream come true. Obviously, it would require work on the modding end as well to redesign the interface for a touchscreen but that's certainly doable. Has anyone else here, considered a port to mobile platforms? Are there issues with the Unity code that may prevent those platforms from compiling successfully? Is anyone else excited to have an Elder Scrolls game on a phone in their pocket? :)

Lorkhan't

Re: Mobile Port Possible?

Post by Lorkhan't »

Unfortunately, I know Apple has very restrictive policies for emulation on the App Store. Now, what I don't know is how they'd feel about a REMAKE of a game that is now freely available (if not open source?).

link01000

Re: Mobile Port Possible?

Post by link01000 »

I'm running Linux on my Nintendo Switch. I'm able to run OpenMW on it to play Morrowind, and I'd love to run this project as well. The Switch has an arm64 processor so it won't run natively.