Turkish Tranlsation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
w0fie

Re: Turkish Tranlsation

Post by w0fie »

Those dont work for me either for some reason. I translated most simple sentences. Mostly focusing on locations and more complex interactions.

Post by 108 »

You mean it doesn't work as in the strings are not translated in-game? Can you send me a screenshot of a file you have edited in a plain text editor such as Notepad? Excel and CSV editors can easily change and break the format of a CSV.

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

I should have been more clear Im sorry. It does translate, its just that the special characters show up like this:

Post by 108 »

That's strange. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have the correct folder structure?

Do they match?:

Also, are you using the Windows Build?

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

108 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:33 pm That's strange. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you don't have the correct folder structure?

Do they match?:

Also, are you using the Windows Build?
Yeah using the 0.15.1 Windows Build. My files look the same too

Edit:Okay something interesting. I was looking around if it was something else and I had working special characters and also some letters were swapped out with ''?''

Post by 108 »

I've run out of ideas at this point. I can't see anything wrong here. Can you upload the files somewhere so I can have a look at them?

Edit: ş is not in the standard Latin set, which shows that it works. No idea why "ı" is not showing up.

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

108 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:47 pm I've run out of ideas at this point. I can't see anything wrong here. Can you upload the files somewhere so I can have a look at them?

Edit: ş is not in the standard Latin set, which shows that it works. No idea why "ı" is not showing up.
It was me being dumb again. It was just showing the local time zone. I was using windows in English so swapped out to Turkish then did the all font stuff again but didnt work either. I have no idea whats causing the issue.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You can attach zip files to the forums. Zip your font and alphabet files and attach them using the Attachments tab below when composing a reply.

How are you editing the CSV files? Rather than a problem with font or alphabet file, it could be an issue with encoding of source CSV file. Please include your test file in the zip.

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

Okay I fixed the problem I think. Its something with Excel. If I save the file as .txt then change the extension to .csv the characters show up fine. Thanks for the help all. Now the excel puts keys and values in one column and kinda broke most of my progress...

Yeah dont know if its something with 0.15.2 but it doesn't recognize some of the translations I made in 0.15.1. It might be Excel acting weird too so I will keep using Notepad.

It works if I try to translate the files that came with 15.2 but not my old files. Im kinda sad and mad.

Edit:Its just Excel being Excel I think. It broke the formatting on all of my files. I'll start from beginning and only use NotePad.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the update. Yep, different encodings in Excel matter. I've also learned recently that Excel can behave differently across regions in regards to encoding.

Whichever the editor you prefer, you need to preserve encoding as UTF8, the same format the master CSV files are in. You can set encoding when saving CSV files in Excel using the "Save As" dialog.

excel-utf8.png
excel-utf8.png (6.61 KiB) Viewed 2665 times

Any good text editor is fine, as long as you follow the same CSV schema as master files.

Good luck from here!