Turkish Tranlsation

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
w0fie

Turkish Tranlsation

Post by w0fie »

I was hoping to translate Daggerfall unity to my native language but im missing files for the translation. It says I need to have ''Master Localization CSV Files'' in my text folder which I dont have and it says its included in 0.15 version which I cant find anywhere.

Interkarma

Re: Translation files missing?

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there. :) The localization improvements are coming in 0.15.1. A preview release will be up very soon once I'm done testing.

Daggerfall Unity is open source, so you can also download the zip from GitHub here.

Which language are you planning translation for?

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

Thanks for the response. Im hoping to translate it to Turkish.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Excellent, I look forward to hearing how you progress. :)

I remember an issue from a while back where music was not correctly played on Turkish language systems due to soundfont not loading at start. I remember it was a pathing issue, but I can't recall if this was ever resolved or not.

Could you please let me know if the default (unmodded) in-game MIDI music plays OK on your system with Turkish language? I might still need to address this problem.

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

Hey again I just started a new game and there is no music in the beginning. Dont know if thats enough of a help.

w0fie

Post by w0fie »

For some reason turkish characters dont load. I tried many fonts. Made an alphabet file too. But it still shows up question marks.

Interkarma

Re: Turkish Translation

Post by Interkarma »

Please make sure you're running Daggerfall Unity 0.15.1 or later. This is the minimum version requirement for the localization steps described here.

I just did a quick test using NotoSans-Regular and Google Translate for some text. Turkish characters look to be displaying OK here.

test1.png
test1.png (108.55 KiB) Viewed 3391 times

If you can please provide your font and alphabet file, I'll be able to help identify where things are going wrong. :)

w0fie

Re: Turkish Tranlsation

Post by w0fie »

I was trying on 0.15.1 too but it must be me being dumb somewhere. I'll check when I get back home again

w0fie

Re: Turkish Translation

Post by w0fie »

Interkarma wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:31 pm Please make sure you're running Daggerfall Unity 0.15.1 or later. This is the minimum version requirement for the localization steps described here.

I just did a quick test using NotoSans-Regular and Google Translate for some text. Turkish characters look to be displaying OK here.

test1.png

If you can please provide your font and alphabet file, I'll be able to help identify where things are going wrong. :)
I tried with the NotoSans-Regular too.Here is how my alphabet file looks

Re: Turkish Tranlsation

Post by 108 »

I tried with the NotoSans-Regular too.Here is how my alphabet file looks
You should only be needing these: ğĞıİşŞ
I've translated some into Turkish (Most of Internal_Strings.csv and Race selection strings), I could provide you the files if you can't get it to work.