First Person Sprites animation mod

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
thenameisthegame

First Person Sprites animation mod

Post by thenameisthegame »

So something that feels stiff for a game of the time still, I found, and more noticeable nowadays in DFU is how your weapon sprites are very much still when you move or look around. I thought maybe we could have it 'jerk' a bit or do full-on ∞ loops as we run around and move with camera motion... with a mod perhaps?

The idea wouldn't even require resizing any of the actual sprites, although altering where they are positioned ''at rest'' would probably be needed as to prevent revealing, well, the 'end' of the sprite work. So the 'default' position would cut some of the sprites out, only to reveal the sprite entirely with certain sets of character and/or camera movements.

tl;dr: Think Doom and Duke Nukem 3D first person moving sprites.
Attachments
modded_first_person_animated_sprite_cam_logic.png
modded_first_person_animated_sprite_cam_logic.png (912.79 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
modded_first_person_animated_sprite_cha_logic.png
modded_first_person_animated_sprite_cha_logic.png (872.2 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

King of Worms

Re: First Person Sprites animation mod

Post by King of Worms »

I believe this will be done in a mod I3lessed is making for a long time viewtopic.php?t=3948

thenameisthegame

Not bad, I did look for something like this before posting but missed that bit! I quickly went over most of the bullet points thinking I had a good idea of what that mod was gonna be and clearly didn't notice that one about camera bobbing, my bad!

If anything, maybe now this is more of a camera movement-based and not just character movement-based bobbing that I can't see part of I3lessed's mod yet!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I am dropping an update now for my mentioned mod, and this one, among a number of big things, really redoes the hands so they are always moving between idle, bobbing, or attacking. I rebuilt the whole animation system again to allow this. Now, your hands will always have realistic movements with my mod.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

thenameisthegame

That's really awesome! I have to try it out!