Prices of enchanted items

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Uncle Sheo

Prices of enchanted items

Post by Uncle Sheo »

I have found what could be interpreted as a potential oversight. When buying an enchanted item, I believe the material of the item is not taken into account for the total prize.

I found daedric leaping boots with a cost of only 428 gold, which I could easily barter down to 187.
Of course, a piece of armor of Daedric quality is worth many thousands of gold pieces at any armorer's shop, and that even without enchantment.

Closing the barter window and opening it again would also allow me to buy the item again although I believe that to be working as designed.

I tested whether any blacksmith would buy the boots off me for an elevated prize but he did not. The cost was still only just about the same as I bought it for so it certainly is not an easy money exploit.

To my knowledge, I run no mods that affect enchantments or its prices. Mages guild and enchanting should function like in DFU vanilla.
Attachments
daedric boots 2.jpg
daedric boots 2.jpg (518.42 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
daedric boots 1.jpg
daedric boots 1.jpg (510.48 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
The game is a foot. Or a leg. Or all manners of severed limbs!

Jay_H

Re: Prices of enchanted items

Post by Jay_H »

This has been discussed previously; you can see that discussion here :) viewtopic.php?p=59457