Bugs/issues I've encountered during my play-through

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Interkarma

Re: Bugs/issues I've encountered during my play-through

Post by Interkarma »

Yeah, it's difficult to help when the topic weaves around many different discussions. I don't usually respond to "shotgun" topics for that reason. It's also not fair on Pango, who has spent a bit of time trying to help here without gaining much traction.

PLRDLF, the majority of problems you list here are known to be caused by mods or already resolved in a newer version. Please update your version and read this sticky before posting. Note this forum is for help with unmodded Daggerfall Unity only.

It helps to make a single topic for a single issue to keep discussion on track and ideally your problem can reach a solution. Providing a save to quickly reproduce a problem is always preferred over a lengthy post. If we can't reproduce then we'll follow up with questions to try and work out the exact process to trigger an issue. It's a back-and-forth process, which is why a topic should focus on a single issue or it will quickly go off subject.

If you want to report a classic variance, please boot up the DOS version and confirm before posting. You'd be surprised how often people report a variance and have simply misremembered or misunderstood something, or a mod has changed gameplay, or the information on UESP is incorrect. A classic save to quickly show the variance is awesome and very helpful too!

I'll close this topic now, as I don't think it can be more productive than it already is. Thank you for trying to help, Pango. :)