[Mod] Trimmable Armor

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

[Mod] Trimmable Armor

Post by Magicono43 »

Trimmable Armor

Adds A Tool That Lets You Change The Current Visual Variant Of Armor Pieces.

Download

WHAT THIS MOD DOES AND WHY:
  • So have you ever found a new piece of armor while "adventuring", but to your dismay the "style" it decided to roll for that particular piece was hideously ugly? Well with this mod, that will only be a minor inconvenience at best, as a new tool has been added to the inventory of Armor-Smith shops that will allow you to change the current "style" of vanilla plate-armor pieces! No longer will your game of Daggerfall Dress-up be ruined by an armor upgrade!
  • The tool this mod adds is called "Graving Chisel" and they can be found on the shop-shelves occasionally of Armor-Smithing shops specifically. The higher the quality the shop the higher the odds one of these Graving Chisels will be spawned on a shop-shelf.
  • Just a note though, not every piece of armor in the vanilla game has multiple visual "styles", so the tool won't work on anything that only has one "style" available.
  • Another note, there was a quirk I found with immediately equipping the new item variant onto the player, while they still had the old version equipped, it caused a bug with the armor values in that slot. So for now unfortunately, if you change the look of a piece you currently have equipped, you will have to re-equip that piece yourself from your inventory afterwards. Believe me, it might be slightly annoying if testing out looks, but it's alot better than the bugs it would lead to otherwise, for the time being atleast.
OPTIONS:
--- General Settings:
  • None At The Moment.
Future Features & Ideas:
  • I'd like to eventually include non-vanilla visual variants for other pieces of armor, such as non-gold-trimmed gauntlets, gold-trimmed other pieces, new helmets, and especially different looking shields. Due to some slightly weird ways that this would be the most currently viable to achieve, it might take some effort to implement the new variants, but it should definitely be possible the way the tool currently works. But yeah, still need the graphical part of it before any of that, so hopefully in the future more customization options will be possible to change your armor to for even more FashionFall!

Feel free to leave any suggestions and such, I'm very open to anything, and hopefully you find this addition enjoyable or enhances your Daggerfall Unity experience in some way.

Github Source Code: Github

COMPATIBILITY:
This mod should be compatible with most mods currently out there, to my knowledge atleast.

INSTALLATION:
Unzip and open the folder that matches your operating system (Windows/OSX/Linux)

Copy the "trimmablearmor.dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods folder

Make sure the mod is enabled and "Mod system" is enabled in the starting menu under "Advanced -> Enhancements"

UNINSTALL:
Remove "trimmablearmor.dfmod" from the "StreamingAssets/Mods" folder.

Special Thanks:
thenameisthegame, for giving me the initial inspiration to work on this. And the usual suspects I always thank for the help and support in the modding and DFU community in general!

Versions/Updates:
  • v1.00 - 5/16/2023 - Initial Release

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Trimmable Armor

Post by Magicono43 »

Trimmable-Armor_Main-Thumb1.png
Trimmable-Armor_Main-Thumb1.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 964 times
2023_05_16_22_44_15.jpg
2023_05_16_22_44_15.jpg (234.86 KiB) Viewed 964 times
2023_05_16_22_45_52.jpg
2023_05_16_22_45_52.jpg (197.81 KiB) Viewed 964 times