3D models blocking doors

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Elara_Gaerwing

3D models blocking doors

Post by Elara_Gaerwing »

Hello. I'm new here. Not actually, I've been following for about a year. I've set up a nice version of Daggerfall Unity that has all the bells and whistles, but one particular circumstance keeps coming up during game play. When the mods 3D Enemies and Faithful 3D People are activated, I sometimes get blocked from entering a room because I can't get past a character that for whatever reason is positioned right in the doorway.

3D Enemies example: Skeleton bursts out of a doorway in a dungeon, I slay, but then the dead skeleton with it's big sword blocks the door and I can't enter the room. No amount of pixel-searching, jumping, climbing, etc... gets me past the dead enemy. This has come up quite a few times.

Faithful 3D People example: I am aware that this mod is still under development (women characters facing weird directions and such), but if one of those characters happens to be in the door, can't get through.

I have kind of found a way around this by saving, relaunching, and turning off the 3D mod. Then of course I'll want the 3D mods active again so rinse and repeat. Doing so does make me worry that I'll break other mods like Decorator that I used to make an incredible house in Keogria. It's already happened once.

Are there any suggestions or possible works in progress addressing this? My own thought would be a hot-key (Shift, Ctrl, or something) that lets you walk through a non-aggressive 3D model. IDK, this might break other things.

Thanks for reading,

Elara Gaerwing
Alright. You have one minute of my time.

Jay_H

Re: 3D models blocking doors

Post by Jay_H »

Hello, and welcome! :) Please take note of the rules for this forum: http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?t=6245
Note on mods: This support forum is for unmodded Daggerfall Unity. We're unable to support mods created by the wider community. The standard advice is to disable/remove all mods before posting to confirm if problem is with base game or not. Any mod issues should be raised with mod author on Nexus or in their forum topic in Released Mods.