Giant quest troubles

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
davidk64

Giant quest troubles

Post by davidk64 »

When I try the doors it says they are magically locked. But I have no open spell. I've tried clicking on all the objects I can see. Also I'm wondering how I'll get out of the room afterwards? If I climb the walls I can't get up at one of the internal corners? If it's a case of I just need to try more clicks let me know but wondering if I've got myself to a point where I need to use a console command? Thanks!
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(274.92 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

pango

Re: Giant quest troubles

Post by pango »

Spoiler!
The giant is below the trapdoor not too far from the entrance. You have to activate that trigger to open it
2023_05_23_17_30_26.jpg
2023_05_23_17_30_26.jpg (361.69 KiB) Viewed 485 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

davidk64

Post by davidk64 »

I think there may be a bug. When I move the lever it puts a half ramp in a shaft one level down - the shaft is north west when facing the lever at the end of the corridor on the other side of the wall behind the lever. But this is not where the trap door is for the giant and doesn't open that trap door. I verified I had the giant location correct using tele2qmarker.

pango

Post by pango »

You have to activate the floating skull shown in the screenshot, not a lever
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

davidk64

Post by davidk64 »

I must have misread your first post and somehow associated the word trigger with near the entrance. So when I went back to the entrance I just assumed the lever there was the trigger you mentioned rather than what you actually showed in the screenshot! But then what's the story with that lever and the half ramp? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

The half ramp enables the player to drop in from above as a shortcut without falling all the way down the shaft.