Generated Dungeon Puzzle

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
wiseoldchild

Generated Dungeon Puzzle

Post by wiseoldchild »

So I've been trying to understand this dungeon ever since I began playing Daggerfall, 4 years ago. I don't believe I've ever fully solved the puzzle honestly. Using screenshots, I'll demonstrate everything I know and understand about it, hoping that someone will eventually help me find what I've always missed.

I know that every time this dungeon is spawned for me, it includes the magically locked door, a 'cellar door' in the ground that I have never opened, a wood handle that moves a triangular platform in another room, a black altar that moves a rectangle above it when you approach it, and a wheel with handles on a wall.

I didn't bother to screenshot the magically locked door that the Open spell won't touch, because nothing about it appears unique. There is a torch near it, but regardless of how I interact with the torch/handle, it never helps.

The first 2 screenshots are directly related. Pulling the wood handle makes the triangular platform move into place. Thats all I know about both those parts.

The third screenshot includes the 'cellar door' in the ground that I can never open.

I have tried info, grab, steal, and speaking interactions with every possible object I can find in this dungeon, and attached dungeons. I have tried this dungeon with and without smaller dungeons on, to ensure that everything I should need to solve the puzzle is within my ability to find. I can only assume there is a very precise order that certain onjects demand to be interacted with before the magic door is unsealed and the 'cellar door' opens.
Attachments
'cellar door'
'cellar door'
2023_05_25_04_26_54.jpg (211.91 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
Triangle platform the wood handle moves
Triangle platform the wood handle moves
2023_05_25_03_38_46.jpg (267.45 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
Wood handle for triangle platform
Wood handle for triangle platform
2023_05_25_03_38_08.jpg (223.87 KiB) Viewed 2801 times
Last edited by wiseoldchild on Thu May 25, 2023 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiseoldchild

Re: Generated Dungeon Puzzle

Post by wiseoldchild »

As I approach the altar, the rectangle above it moves down, preventing me from flying or climbing into that room from the altar room. If the rectangle is down, when I approach the altar, it moves back up. Therefore, I've used the altar to bring it down, then found the other route to get into that room while the rectangle is still positioned down. On rare occasions, the quest objective is on top of that rectangle. Often, it isn't. The room that has the floating square rectangle also has the wheel with handles. I still don't know what that wheel does, but I've tried checking the magically locked door and the 'cellar door' after interacting with the wheel, and it hasn't changed them.
Attachments
Wheel with handles
Wheel with handles
2023_05_25_04_18_15.jpg (144.17 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
Both the rectangle and the wheel with handles
Both the rectangle and the wheel with handles
2023_05_25_04_18_25.jpg (275.36 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
Rectangle that moves up and down as I approach altar
Rectangle that moves up and down as I approach altar
2023_05_25_03_58_27.jpg (184.13 KiB) Viewed 2798 times

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Isn't that the same trapdoor as in Castle Necromoghan?

If yes, you need to find a cat (?) skull near a wall over a pit in a corridor and use it to open the trapdoor.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

MrFlibble wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:47 pm Isn't that the same trapdoor as in Castle Necromoghan?

If yes, you need to find a cat (?) skull near a wall over a pit in a corridor and use it to open the trapdoor.
It might also be on a wall between two water troughs if I remember correctly.

If OP posted the region and dungeon name, we could have a look at it.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:16 am It might also be on a wall between two water troughs if I remember correctly.
Indeed, I remembered that after posting my reply. I believe the room with the troughs might have a trapdoor or a hole in the floor but I'm not sure.