No Arena2 Folder

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
TacTrip

No Arena2 Folder

Post by TacTrip »

I've been trying for a bit now, whether it's trying to change paths, uninstall and reinstall daggerfall on steam so maybe the arena2 folder will show up, run the Daggerfall Unity EXE as an administrator. I don't really know what to do and there isn't much I can find online that's been able to help.

I've made sure that my version of daggerfall through steam is updated, and still nothing.

just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if so, what some other possible solutions were?

Also, I'm using version 0.15.1 [BETA] of daggerfall unity.

Thanks for any possible suggestions.

EDIT:
All save folders 0-5 are there, but the arena2 folder still remains to be seen.

Jay_H

Re: No Arena2 Folder

Post by Jay_H »

Hello! :)

The Steam version is pretty useful, but still has some problems. Missing the ARENA2 folder is a strange one, which I'm not used to. I would highly recommend downloading the DaggerfallGameFiles zip as found here ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538 ), unzipping it, and pointing your DFU install at those files instead. It's guaranteed to be intact.

TacTrip

Re: No Arena2 Folder

Post by TacTrip »

Jay_H wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:53 pm Hello! :)

The Steam version is pretty useful, but still has some problems. Missing the ARENA2 folder is a strange one, which I'm not used to. I would highly recommend downloading the DaggerfallGameFiles zip as found here ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27538#p27538 ), unzipping it, and pointing your DFU install at those files instead. It's guaranteed to be intact.
Worked beautifully, thank you. Don't know how I didn't stumble across that post.