The Red Lantern Guild

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
harbinger451

Re: The Red Lantern Guild

Post by harbinger451 »

I'd love to have a sign outside the building... is it just an image replacing the beer image of the tavern sign, or is it an entirely new sign? Not that it matters, I'll def use it, though not sure how to implement it, I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

harbinger451 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:50 am I'd love to have a sign outside the building... is it just an image replacing the beer image of the tavern sign, or is it an entirely new sign? Not that it matters, I'll def use it, though not sure how to implement it, I'm sure I'd be able to figure it out.
Yup, just image replacing the beer image :) I need ask 1st about the sign, it was not made by me. Also its HD, but that should not be a problem, to make is pixelated for your mod, and use HD only when ppl combine it with Dream. Will come back laters with more info.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

One is HD and the other one is pixelated. Just for some testing.
Texture688.png
Texture688.png (58.19 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
RedLanternSign (Unused).png
RedLanternSign (Unused).png (197.49 KiB) Viewed 1935 times

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

These are great! Thank you. So I put a pixelated version in with my mod and the HD version will be a part of the next DREAM update? Or should I just add it as an alternate file with the mod? :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

harbinger451 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:47 pm
These are great! Thank you. So I put a pixelated version in with my mod and the HD version will be a part of the next DREAM update? Or should I just add it as an alternate file with the mod? :D
Glad u like it :)

Its made by Zoran, hes not on forums, just nexus, and Ive got the greenlight to share it here for this mod. I will put the HD version in DREAM (I do it like this with 99% of mods which I want to be Dream compatible - its simple for end user, when he uses both mods - he automatically gets the HD DREAM version of assets)

Just tell me what the final file name is, so the overwrite works :)

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Just tell me what the final file name is, so the overwrite works
Texture file is named RedLantSign.png ... and here it is in game, so update coming soon.
You character has an appointment by the sign of The Red Lantern!
You character has an appointment by the sign of The Red Lantern!
2023_08_16_18_55_03.jpg (181.69 KiB) Viewed 1856 times

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Uploaded version 1.7 to NEXUS, it adds the new Red Lantern sign outside the guildhalls and I've updated the OP to reflect this.
2023_08_16_20_55_00.jpg
2023_08_16_20_55_00.jpg (169 KiB) Viewed 1832 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Looks fine to me :)

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Have added a compatibility file for the Cities Overhaul mod - it provides an alternate MARKAA0.RMB.json file that allows the changes of both mods without one wiping out the other. Have updated the OP to reflect this.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

Uploaded v1.8 to Nexus, it fixes a problem with the new sign in the latest build of DFUnity (0.15.3 ... and maybe 0.15.1 too)... I checked the model in the Unity Editor and it had a camera embedded so whenever you went near a Red Lantern Guild in game you got stuck with that camera view and unable to move. I just unticked "embed camera" and, hey presto, fixed. Only seemed to affect the latest build though, was fine in 0.14.5... no idea why.
OP has been updated to reflect this.