Audio Incompat with VoiceMeeter

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Hurricane Otter

Audio Incompat with VoiceMeeter

Post by Hurricane Otter »

Small problem I identified tonight. Like a lot of people who stream to Twitch, I use a program called VoiceMeeter (specifically VoiceMeeter Banana) to pipe Discord and game sound into separate audio channels. I was mystified why I wasn't getting any sound at all out of Daggerfall Unity until I disabled VoiceMeeter entirely and rebooted; after that, it worked like a charm. There seems to be a conflict between programs like these and how Daggerfall Unity handles audio. There doesn't seem to be any way to assign Daggerfall Unity to a particular audio device, so it's impossible to correct it or even troubleshoot, as I can't tell what's going on under the hood. Bringing it up in case it's ever deemed worthy of patching.

pango

Re: Audio Incompat with VoiceMeeter

Post by pango »

Daggerfall Unity uses the audio system provided by Unity 2019.4, so outputs to the default audio device of the operating system. Seems it has absolutely no control over that.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart