Idea - Witch Covens guild

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
11th_defender

Idea - Witch Covens guild

Post by 11th_defender »

I think that witch covens not being real guilds is kind of a missed opportunity. They already have 10 quests, some of them even requiring higher reputation. The mod would add potion makers, trainers, enchanters, identifiers, spell makers, universal healers, and the ability to join the covens. This is on top of the obviously being able to daedra summon. The universal cure is talked about in the lore and it cures everything, including vampirism and lycanthropy. Extra quests would have to be made, of course. The trainers would specialize in all magical skills, medical, daedric, centaurian, spriggan, and blunt(since all the witches use staves). I'm also concerned about the "witches" part of it. The game needs to know your characters gender to know if it can allow you in. I'm not certain if the game actually can do this.

Some of the covens are supposed to be solitary or nearly solitary, so I'm wondering if it's possible to fold all the guild services into one person. Another option which I'm not sure would work would be to totally remove all of the factions, and create one giga-faction, The Witches. Some of the covens would have more or different services than others, since they have more people. You'd also get the location of all the covens at once upon being admitted in.

I don't know anything about modding so this would just be inspiration for whoever is actually skilled at mod-making. If anyone does do this, it would be very cool.

11th_defender

Re: Idea - Witch Covens guild

Post by 11th_defender »

I forgot to mention but there's also a few things related to the daggerfall enemy expansion mod. I believe the witches in that mod are pacified with streetwise, so it's probably best to also have the trainer give streetwise lessons. It doesn't make much sense since the witches seem very eloquent. This just gave me the idea to message the dex mod creator on nexus to switch it to etiquette. In that case, the witches would give etiquette lessons.

Is there a way to have enemies belong to a certain faction to aid with pacification if you're in that faction? It would be cool to team up with a witch in a dinky dungeon, and would also be good for other guilds such as having knight's reconsider fighting you if you're in their knightly faction, etc. This would probably be a totally different mod. It kind of ties in with the heraldry mod and having the enemies wear the arms of the guild they're in. Anyway, the ideas in this paragraph are totally spitballing and I'm pretty sure having faction enemies is impossible without totally re-coding the enemy logic.