What's your opinion on Elder Scrolls Online?

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Falci

What's your opinion on Elder Scrolls Online?

Post by Falci »

So, ESO's base game was recently given away for free over on the Epic Game Store and I've finally started playing it. And I've been enjoying it very much, despite my general disinterest in MMOs and online multiplayer games overall. I'm a little over 25 hours in right now, and playing a bunch regularly.

I've seen this game described by someone online as an Elder Scrolls themed Amusement Park, and I can see where the comparison comes from. It's a huge single player game brought down by the need for MMO trappings, like trying to milk you for money with inconvenient designs and having players all around constantly, and enemies, even bosses instantly respawning because some other player in the same quest came by.

One can also see how a lot of classic Elder Scrolls systems e quirks got adapted to the game's framework, sometimes with quirky results.

Yet, I'm having a lot of fun with it and got curious to see what was the general opinion here. I've seen a couple of older threads mention it, but nothing very recent.

karata

Re: What's your opinion on Elder Scrolls Online?

Post by karata »

Hard to say I just started to play it

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Meh.

Falci

Post by Falci »

Seferoth wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:01 amMeh.
I can understand the feeling. :lol:

I'm 620+ hours in, bought the "complete" package over on Steam (you can use the same ESO account on both platforms) and discovered that there's a lot of content that doesn't come with the package, interacted with a few players, and it was all positive, but, still, my opion remains the same from the very start of this thread.

I will add that they have a tendency to run seasonal events pretty frequently, which is starting to feel a bit exausting.